- The U859QL conveniently features a standard XLR male output connector at the base. This enables quick mounting to XLR female microphone inputs directly on mixers, preamplifier's, installed flanges, etc.
- The contoured frequency response accentuates the frequencies associated with speech for enhanced intelligibility.
- UniGuard shielding provides exceptional rejection of radio-frequency interference.
- Low frequency noise and proximity effect is reduced as a result of UniSteep filtering.
- Cardioid, hyper-cardioid and omni-directional capsules are available as options and provide added flexibility.
- Easy-to-adjust, rugged, small-diameter, alternating gooseneck with virtually no memory" permits quick positioning into desired shape
- This version has the longer gooseneck
- UniSteep filter provides a steep low-frequency attenuation to improve sound pickup without affecting voice quality
The Audio-Technica U859QL is a flexible gooseneck microphone designed for outstanding performance in schools, houses-of-worship, boardrooms, government facilities, etc. The microphone capsule features a cardioid polar pattern for superb rejection of off-axis noise and ambiance. The contoured frequency response of the U859QL is specifically optimized for enhanced intelligibility of speech. The ultra flexible gooseneck enables flexible positioning while resisting inadvertent repositioning. The U859QL features a standard 3-pin XLR male output connection, enabling easy mounting into a standard XLR female input. Optional interchangeable capsules provide cardioid, hyper-cardioid, omni-directional and UniLine cardioid polar patterns for added flexibility.
|Transducer: Fixed-charge back plate permanently polarized condenser|
|Polar Pattern: Cardioid|
|Frequency Response: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave|
|Dynamic Range (Typical): 111 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa|
|Maximum Input Sound Level: 140 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.|
|Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical|
|Output Impedance: 250 ohms|
|Output Connectors: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type|
|Low Frequency Roll-Off: Yes, 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave|