- Warm, classic sonic signature that flatters an array of voices and instruments
- High output with richly detailed frequency response
- High-pass filter and -20dB pad for ultimate versatility
- Works great with home studio USB audio interfaces
The Baby Bottle's unique sonic signature has a rich and present midrange response, a smooth top-end and neutral bottom-end creating an extremely present classic and contemporary sound. It is an ideal choice for recording vocals, room mixing for drums, electric guitar amps, and difficult brass instrument sources like saxophones and horns. With a unique proprietary circuit polarizing the capsule film at 100 volts, the Baby Bottle yields large output, creating the quietest microphone in its class. Includes wooden case, pop filter, and shock mount.
Behind the Mic
Building on the success of the original Baby Bottle, the SL model features refined sonics, a new streamlined build and versatile switches to capture the true character of your voice and bring classic mojo to acoustic guitars and other instruments. Baby Bottle SL is designed from top to bottom to inspire unforgettable performances.
Inside the Sound
The soul and swagger of Baby Bottle SL all starts with Blue’s proprietary, hand-tuned capsule. The robust, gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragm features a machined brass backplate design that creates the signature warmth and presence Baby Bottle SL is known for. And custom Class-A discreet circuitry makes it the quietest mic in its class.
Flip the Switch
Baby Bottle SL features a new switchable 100 Hz high-pass filter and -20dB pad to keep your sound pure regardless of vocal type, instrument or environment. Whether recording belting vocalists, loud guitar amps, drums and brass or capturing delicate vocals, strings or piano, Baby Bottle SL has the versatility to capture timeless tracks.
- Transducer Type: Condenser, Pressure Gradient
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 39.8 mV/Pa at 1 kHz (1 pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 50 ohm
- Rate Load Impedance: Not less than 1k ohm
- Maximum SPL: 134dB SPL (1kHz, THD 0.5%)
- S/N Ratio: 83.2 dB-A
- Noise Level: 10.8 dB
- Dynamic Range: 123.2 dB
- Power Requirement: +48V DC Phantom Power
- Weight: 410g
- Dimensions: 222.5mm x 51.5mm
- HPF: 100Hz, 12db per octave
- PAD: -20dB