- Extended upper clarity with smooth mid frequencies for any voice or instrument
- Hand-built proprietary large-diaphragm cardioid capsule for full, open sound
- High-pass filter and -20dB pad for ultimate versatility
- Works great with home studio USB audio interfaces
In a departure from its normally application-specific designs, Blue engineered the Bluebird to be as versatile as possible. Designed for applications ranging from vocals and electric and acoustic guitars, to close-miking of drums, drum overheads, percussion, piano, horns, and strings, virtually any application is enhanced by the Bluebird's crystal-clear sound. In addition to the microphone itself, the Bluebird includes a specially designed shockmount and metal mesh pop filter. No matter your sound, the complete Bluebird package offers today's musician an astounding recording experience – all in one nest! Includes wooden case, pop filter, and shock mount.
Behind the Mic
With the original Bluebird microphone, Blue set a new standard for modern recording mics. Bluebird SL advances that legacy with refined sonics and versatile switches to capture exceptionally clear and powerful sound that makes ears perk up and listen. Add in an updated design to inspire your best performances, and what you get is a best-selling Essential Series condenser mic.
Inside the Sound
Every component of Bluebird SL is specially designed to deliver modern, crystal-clear tone. The hand-built capsule utilizes a fine, gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragm that delivers superior resonance at higher frequencies to help vocals cut through the mix. The sculpted rear backplate ensures balanced sound across the entire frequency spectrum. And discreet Class-A circuitry maximizes the accuracy of your sound.
Make The Switch
Bluebird SL is a one-of-a-kind mic for every kind of performance. The new onboard switchable 100Hz high-pass filter and -20dB pad give you the flexibility to track a wide variety of sound sources with nuance and power. Use Bluebird SL to capture a singer’s unique vocal character in stunning detail, achieve full-frequency guitar recordings and more.
- Transducer Type: Condenser, Pressure Gradient
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 28.5 mV/Pa at 1 kHz (1 pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Output Impedance: 50 ohm
- Rate Load Impedance: Not less than 1k omh
- Maximum SPL: 138dB SPL (0.5%)
- S/N Ratio: 82.3 dB-A
- Noise Level: 11.7
- Dynamic Range: 126.3 dB
- Power Requirement: +48V DC Phantom Power
- Weight: 455g
- Dimensions: 222.5mm x 47.5mm
- HPF: 100Hz, 12db per octave
- PAD: -20dB